No doubt you are aware of the myriad of wonderful TEDTalks available online. Did you know that you can download them straight to your iPad and watch them at your leisure whether or not you are connected to the Internet? It’s so useful for those times when you do not have an Internet connection and you have some time to spare (e.g. flying, waiting in a doctor’s office).
Here’s a quick video on how to download a TED talk for offline viewing (3:11 min). It’s such a great way to stay abreast of emerging technologies, trends, and innovations!
1. Go to the app store, search for TED (it’s free), download and install it to your iPad.
2. When your iPad is connected to a strong wifi connection, open the TED app and search for talks that you would like to watch.
3. Click on the talk that you would like to save. Read the description and check the posting date. Then if you decide to watch it later, click the last icon on the right hand side underneath the video and tap on “Save for offline viewing”. Notice a new number in a red circle appears above the “My Talks” icon at the bottom of your app screen.
4. Tap “My Talks” and make sure that the selected video has downloaded in its entirety before disconnecting from the Internet.
5. To watch the video later, open the TED app. Tap on “My Talks”. Tap on the video you previously downloaded and enjoy!
Thanks for stopping by, Susan