How to delete all iPad email from one email account (iOS7 only)
With the release of iOS7, the option to delete multiple emails from your iPad in one step (using the application called Mail) disappeared! Or seemed to.
Here’s a solution that involves a couple of steps but at least you don’t have to select each message and move them to the Trash one at a time. I admit, the solution can be fussy. It does work. Practice, practice, practice.
How to delete all iPad email from one email account in iOS7
(Steps are outlined below the video.)
Video (3:16 min)
1. Open your Mail application.
2. Go to the email account that contains the emails you want to delete.
3. Tap the Inbox folder.
4. In the left pane, tap Edit.
5. Tap the first email in the list of emails in this inbox. Let go. This email is now selected (it will have a check mark beside it).
6. *IMPORTANT* You will need two hands for the next steps. With one finger, tap and hold the Move option (found in the middle at the bottom of your left hand pane). Then with the other hand, using one finger, deselect the check mark (by tapping and then letting go). THEN, let go of the Move button. Wait a couple of moments.
7. If done correctly, the left hand pane will now show all the folders in that email account. The right hand pane will show all the emails in your list “stacked” on top of one another. If you don’t see this, repeat step 6.
8. Tap on the Trash folder. All of the emails will now move to Trash, but they haven’t been deleted yet. They just live in your Trash folder.
9. Go back to your Trash folder (Tap Inbox, Tap the email account name, Tap the account, Tap Trash). Tap Edit. At the bottom of the left hand pane, on the right side, Tap Delete All. Tap Delete All to confirm your request. Now all emails have been removed from your iPad.
Thanks to Steve for requesting help on this!